Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Take A Deep Breath

I always enjoy those brief periods between events when I can do something I want to do without feeling guilty. I pat myself on the back when the bills are paid, Walker III’s medical exams and records are all in the proper hands, the dregs of the vegetable garden are all in, and there is nothing much on the calendar for a while.

This would be one of those weeks except for trying to work out the logistics of getting my new old car from Atlanta to Memphis, hoping to work out a couple of family visits in the process, and kind of being on call for the five grandchildren in Memphis. I’m hoping a new movie comes out that I can enjoy with Robert, that Becket and I will finally schedule a date to go out for lunch with my friend Sally and her granddaughter, and that there will be no crises in the meantime. I hope I can impose on friends and family once again to provide transportation for Walker, and that I won't be too anxious about them having to handle anything too difficult with him. With a special needs adult, you just never know.

For now, I’m going to try to make sense of the worldwide economic crisis, finish a book I had started, and maybe try to find some clothes. It all seems doable except for the political nonsense.

I hope I’ll remember days like this when I’m feeling overwhelmed. They are usually just around the bend, thank goodness.

Blessings,
Janie

No comments: