Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mary Knew

I attended the most insightful Sunday School class this morning, and the most interesting part of it was that it was taught by one of my best friend’s daughter. The Reverend Katherine McQuiston Bush was born just a few months before little Walkerand I held her when she was only weeks old. She has grown into a beautiful young woman…a wife, mother, and priest and fabulous speaker.

Kate talked about Mary this morning in a way I couldn’t have imagined. She gave Mary flesh and bones and an intellect and spunk and a heart that had the capacity to break. On top of all that, she pointed out to me something that might have never occurred to me otherwise…somebody had to teach Jesus to be the man he was and that person was probably his Mama. (I would add that she probably had some help from both his earthly and Heavenly Father.)

On the way home from church, coincidentally I’m sure, one of my favorite Christmas Songs broke through my reverie. I’ve blogged about this one before, but it deserves another listen.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN70R-3ao0U

Part of the lesson this morning was that each of us has the capacity within us to share God’s gifts. This is my gift to you on this winters day.

Blessings,
Janie

No comments: