Friday, May 23, 2008

TGIF

Today is a beautiful day in the neighborhood. The musical portion of Walker's speech therapy echoes through the otherwise quiet house. I'm about to meet with an old friend for lunch. The youngest grandson will be here to spend the night, so I'll soon be innundated with Barney songs and tiny toys all over the floor and get to cuddle a little one and sing to him.
The garden is thriving with all the rain we've had, even if that same rain deals my aching knees fits.

Yesterday was an odd day for this time of year. When I dropped Walker off at work, it was pouring rain and I had to caution him about avoiding the parking lot during thunderstorms, but by late afternoon it was beautiful and sunny.

I love that the storms are followed by a burst of energy activated by the natural nitrogen dispersed in the raindrops, and usually the plant growth is more vigorous and brilliant because of it. It's also a bit easier to pull the weeds.

Our own growth and development is that way too. The most difficult stages of life are generally followed by renewed energy and enthusiasm. Sometimes we discover which things in life need to be removed and which need fertilizing and cultivating.

I hope I'll remember to appreciate the storms and be comforted by the better times just around the corner.

Blessings, Janie



No comments: