Sunday, January 25, 2009

More Rainbows

The whole rainbow theme has rattled around in my head for several days now. I even went so far as to look up my favorite rainbow song, which I can still hear Katie and her chums performing back in the early eighties. Now I can't get that out of my head either. Want to share the joy? http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-lRvhRhWWE44/debbie_harry_kermit_the_frog_the_rainbow_connection/

I wonder how much influence Kermit had on my children’s ability to dream. All are really good at it, and their dreams have mostly come true. What’s more, they’re not even done yet.


I wonder if today's music and theater and dance will inspire dreaming. Sometimes I doubt it, and then I hear something wonderful and think...maybe.

Saturday night Walker had a "social outing" organized by the adult sister of one of his former classmates. It was dinner and a movie with a group of young, "peer adults", who had volunteered to chaperone and parents were welcomed but not encouraged to attend. It was a night out "On Our Own." When we picked him up, Walker was bubbling over with all the details of the evening.

"I talked to Cleve at the restaurant...Did you know it was a deli? And, guess what? Cleve's grandparents have all passed on too. I thought we might go to the new Hannah Montana movie that comes out in February...or is it January?... Cleve's birthday is February 14, maybe we could do it then. Whaddya think about that? Oh, and one more thing..."

Walker was enthusiastically dreaming and planning for an event with a friend, something he had seldom done before. Maybe that night's conversation was Walker's Rainbow Connection. "All of us under it's spell...I know that it's probably m aaa gic...da dum de da dum da da dooo."

I hope we keep finding those Rainbow Connections and loving Kermie forever. I know I will..."it's something that I'm s'posed to do."

Blessings,
Janie

No comments: